Glacius Maps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Glacius Maps

Post by Karen »

For those who do not know yet or just need a refresher, I made this easy-to-follow video tutorial. After watching it, you definitely will be ready to join us on Glacius tonite from 8 PM CEST (in about one hour from now). 😊 🧊 πŸ’œ

PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Karen wrote: ↑Fri Jul 14, 2023 19:15 For those who do not know yet or just need a refresher, I made this easy-to-follow video tutorial. After watching it, you definitely will be ready to join us on Glacius tonite from 8 PM CEST (in about one hour from now). 😊 🧊 πŸ’œ

Glacius nutcase :thumbup:
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Karen wrote: ↑Fri Jul 14, 2023 19:15 For those who do not know yet or just need a refresher, I made this easy-to-follow video tutorial. After watching it, you definitely will be ready to join us on Glacius tonite from 8 PM CEST (in about one hour from now). 😊 🧊 πŸ’œ

LOL, I was doing it wrong, now I'm ready!

Friday 21st, there was a storm here, brutal one, and everything wireless didn't work properly or at all, I tried to play on regular server earlier than 8pm and the connection was so bad I was literally frozen for 5-6s every 1-2s without actually being frozen by other players and decided to shutdown computer when thunder became so loud and strong that windows and even soil were shaking from it. Hope you had a good one on Glacius though!
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

LOL, I was doing it wrong, now I'm ready!
Prove it!! :)
glitch.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Karen wrote: ↑Fri Oct 07, 2022 23:13 May I add that the server was more full before and I saw people leaving because of standard maps... (see chat log) just saying... no offence intended here of course.

Seems to be my job to file the complaints... ;)
That's true, I'm one of those. When standard map turned up I felt such a disappointment, probably because I played that map almost every day. But the other day I noticed one of the Glacius maps (red hell with skill and stuff) featured on one of the other servers, can't recall which one, it was quite a nice surprise.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Have a great day!! 🌞

NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Wow, nice one! But where were you last night Karen!?!?! WHERE WERE YOU? NO KAREN, NO GLACIUS!
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

NO KAREN, NO GLACIUS!
No no, Killy... you obviously did not get the message... you are Glacius!! 😊
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

All of us, yes, but it's not the same if you're not there, you made the server popular, there are even players playing on it on other days as well, not just the usual Fridays and Sundays.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

btw as a update on this please notice that this week I finally replaced pro-nodm9 with the team specific variation of that map nodm9a following the same replacement at the UnFreeZe competitive events pool for the regular (i.e. not the custom extended one) glacius rotation as that's a much better map for the use being (UnFreeZe). additionally as I added the holdable teleporter to q3dm16 as it had been requested I noticed that despite featuring 39 top custom maps already the extended custom glacius rotation didn't even feature a single space map which was totally unacceptable so I also added klhights (custom holdable teleporter included as well) to the glacius extended custom rotation that it had already been requested and as a solid custom space map to also have. as usual please make sure to download such maps/update your packages to make sure that you don't miss any games.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Thanks Adminless for heads-up! So, the q3dm16 is the same or we should re-download it? I'm not sure what holdable teleporter is and how to use one. I assume it's a teleporter you can take with you and place anywhere on the map, but how that's done, no clue. Is it some button you press?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no the q3dm16 is standard map so it doesn't require any download (and it doesn't run on glacius btw). the holdable teleporter is just a item that you pick up (when available currently only in q3dm16 as was requested and this klhights I just added to glacius) to carry with you and later activate it to respawn somewhere in the map when needed (typical example/intended use when falling to the void). the standard/default key to active a holdable item (ex. the teleporter) is the enter key of your keyboard. anyways you can just bind it on the menus as any other game function if needed to anything else.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Adminless, thanks! That's quite useful, I didn't know about it, in controls ENTER is under "use item". Wow, what a cool game, I learn new stuff every day! Can't wait to try it out! So, how does it look, is there a graphic or screenshot somewhere where we can see it? Or perhaps YT demo video?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

dude it doesn't really have any mystery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Thanks Adminless, I ran the demo, it's working! But how do you know where it will teleport you? Do you mark the position with ENTER first or some other key? Because as far as I can tell it didn't teleport you back to the location where you picked teleporter up.