I am so fucking bored.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Re: I am so fucking bored.

Post by UniX »

Well, after a while just keeping my piece with this stuff I really cant hold it anymore.
1. Are you (Adminless) aware of just how insanely overpowered the Rocket Launcher is in this mod? with splash damage and rate of fire while you have Self Damage turned off? There is no other weapon that comes even close especially when you supply 50 rockets on spawn and ample ammo strewn across the maps.

2. The same amount of ammo on every map no matter the size of the map turns smaller/mid size maps into a hot stinking mess of rocket/grenade spam
and certainly does not promote skill with weapons, tactical awareness or any of the things this mod was supposed to improve in the first place. ( I was there when Doolittle was trying things out in the early 2000s) Player Favorite DM6 suffers greatly because of this.

3. Space maps are simply unplayable in your version of this mod. Period. Worst thing is you wont listen to suggestions on how to make them playable or how to make your servers more enjoyable either.

There I said it....
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

1. I think the weapons on this mod are more or less well balanced and out of the top ones (i.e. rail, rockets, lightning) if one has the edge that's the rail and once again that's even easy to tell just by looking at the competitive games and stats played all over these years along with the path this game followed in other iterations (i.e. cpma/ql for example, which both are canonical, actually nerf the rail. not trying to imitate or anything but just saying). once again, as said, obviously it doesn't play the same a competitive 5vs5 game than a twenty plus random public game but that doesn't make the settings or the server trash, that's just the way it's.

2. in line with the last sentence on the previous point, yeah, it's a public server not a competitive one. that's the way it's, you just can not pretend that a twenty plus random public game plays "tactical" because it won't and no matter what. the place for competitive games to display any of those tactics/skills you're talking about is just by signing up at any of the frequent events around here and not in the pubs, specially not in the top main ones (may be try glacius or the duels and you might have more luck there).

3. the space map"s", actually I guess that you just specifically mean q3dm16 because I don't recall any other space map in the pubs (beside klhights in glacius that it never really gets played), are there because people specifically requested them to be there not because I dropped them there. those maps were excluded from the main rotation for a reason as can be seen. that said, once again, in the context of some public top servers that get played 24/7 despite not being top picks the general feeling and agreement was that it was a worse situation to not have them (i.e. yet even more repetition and monotony) than to have them (i.e. they add at least a little more variety and something different). in any case, as usual, there's also various servers for a reason so you can generally always have a choice.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

UniX wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:08 Well, after a while just keeping my piece with this stuff I really cant hold it anymore.
1. Are you (Adminless) aware of just how insanely overpowered the Rocket Launcher is in this mod? with splash damage and rate of fire while you have Self Damage turned off? There is no other weapon that comes even close especially when you supply 50 rockets on spawn and ample ammo strewn across the maps.

2. The same amount of ammo on every map no matter the size of the map turns smaller/mid size maps into a hot stinking mess of rocket/grenade spam
and certainly does not promote skill with weapons, tactical awareness or any of the things this mod was supposed to improve in the first place. ( I was there when Doolittle was trying things out in the early 2000s) Player Favorite DM6 suffers greatly because of this.

3. Space maps are simply unplayable in your version of this mod. Period. Worst thing is you wont listen to suggestions on how to make them playable or how to make your servers more enjoyable either.

There I said it....
Realistically you want to be playing a different mod, once these kinda changes made then unfriz will be dead
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

PacMan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 13:17
UniX wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:08 Well, after a while just keeping my piece with this stuff I really cant hold it anymore.

There I said it....
Realistically you want to be playing a different mod, once these kind of changes made then unfriz will be dead
nah the original Mod was different in a few but important areas, less ammo on spawn, less health on spawn too (100/100 IIRC) You could crater, melt yourself and blow yourself up. (Self Damage on) Tried team damage on for awhile ( basically make FT an Freeze OSP Clone) that wasnt very well received.
lava would melt corpcicles and getting shot into space was -1 and instant respawn.
Point is that this mod with such an abundance of rockets on spawn and plenty of refreshments on most maps make the mod in to being endless rocket spam because you cant hurt yourself and that's a mechanic I.D themselves put in place to make the RL less powerful and downright dangerous to use on short ranges. The the natural weapon to use in close combat is the SG.
But as long as self damage is off then ppl will just spray and pray, point the rocket launcher down and hope you RJ out of trouble and catch someone with splash damage while doing it.
But would you consider reducing the amount of ammo on smaller maps?
DM6 is all but unplayable as it is. With space maps I pointed at a solution to have each spawn with a teleport to get back on map if shot into space.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

look time and time again you keep coming back here telling me about the "original" and/or some other mod and I believe that I've already explained you plenty of times already that either for the good or the bad this is simply not and it's something different from that and why so I don't really think I have anything else tell you that I haven't already. none of your suggestions seem relevant/meaningful to me (i.e. ammos/stocks are ok and confirmed/reviewed in pretty much any competitive game around here and the teleport thing, beside a item for fun, looks just like a random thing. that's the way it's, you die, you're out). I insist, do you want more tactical/competitive games and all that? join any event or duel server. it's as simple as that and stop pretending that some public servers play competitively just like that.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

UniX wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 14:58
PacMan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 13:17

Realistically you want to be playing a different mod, once these kind of changes made then unfriz will be dead
nah the original Mod was different in a few but important areas, less ammo on spawn, less health on spawn too (100/100 IIRC) You could crater, melt yourself and blow yourself up. (Self Damage on) Tried team damage on for awhile ( basically make FT an Freeze OSP Clone) that wasnt very well received.
lava would melt corpcicles and getting shot into space was -1 and instant respawn.
Point is that this mod with such an abundance of rockets on spawn and plenty of refreshments on most maps make the mod in to being endless rocket spam because you cant hurt yourself and that's a mechanic I.D themselves put in place to make the RL less powerful and downright dangerous to use on short ranges. The the natural weapon to use in close combat is the SG.
But as long as self damage is off then ppl will just spray and pray, point the rocket launcher down and hope you RJ out of trouble and catch someone with splash damage while doing it.
But would you consider reducing the amount of ammo on smaller maps?
DM6 is all but unplayable as it is. With space maps I pointed at a solution to have each spawn with a teleport to get back on map if shot into space.
You could pay for an additional server €15 euro a month and ask admin to host it , then have what settings you want 😃
TERMINATOR T666
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: SMELLMYASS!

Post by TERMINATOR T666 »

Getting popcorn again! :crazy:
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Actually, I understand both points of reasoning on this topic. I would be happy to reduce the initial amount of ammunition for the rocket to force people to take a different type of action, but in fact the only TOP damage weapon that is deadly and effective in any type of fight is the Railgun. you don't play railgun = you're not top. therefore, if such changes were to be introduced, the amount of ammunition for each weapon should be reduced because this is how balance is created. changing one thing will not bring any results.
Maps are a separate topic because both small and large maps can be playable when you feel the major items + know them 100% by heart. I will not say anything about this because my opinion is radical and different from everyone else's.
Options such as falling off the map or falling into an abyss and respawning immediately will result in overuse of this mechanic in the first minute of its discovery. even -10 points would not impress anyone. I must admit that perhaps in the case of this one map, which is q3dm16, it could bring some effect. the only question is which one.
Personally, I would like to see what the gameplay of a server with available powerups would look like one day. If such an option were to be considered in the future, unfortunately, quad damage is the only undesirable power-up. battlesuit/regeneration and haste are ok.
To sum up, both points of reasoning are good, but a mixture of them could be perceived positively or negatively.

I will also add that people usually do not like change, which is probably the main reason why there is no change.
Camaradas Iks De
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

Well, first of all we have a very nice community here thanx to Adminless's efforts to keep the servers running and clean up messes along the way.
But I fear that if we continue with things as they are things will stagnate and people will get bored, look elsewhere for new challenges or switch to other games.
As I said this mod was created to promote skill, tactical awareness and first and foremost teamplay in a way vanilla TDM cannot. When you have disabled features put in place by I.D themselves to hinder use of certain weapons in certain circumstances plus near unlimited ammo to those weapons the result will be anything but the original intent of FT and all its many iterations.