Pls delete dm15 from server

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Pls delete dm15 from server

Post by adminless »

basically that's just what I did yesterday along with moving some items.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

the changes made to the q3dm15 map are good. I like the preserved feature of random teleportation to the right or left side of the map. the place is also ok due to the lack of immediate contact with the opponent located in the main room. the red armor spawn spot is also a plus.
Camaradas Iks De
Edversion
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Edversion »

Let's add q3dm9. I remember it being fun on unfreeze mode.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Although i know i was among the people that suggested to give dm15 a try, now i also think the map is not rly suitable for unfreeze and I exit the game almost every time when it comes to rotation.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I also remember q3dm9 used to run from time to time at the updated spacius server and it was terrible, hardly playable. that along with q3dm12 are good (hardcore) for ffa (where they run daily along with everything else) but for this specific mode it's proven that they just do not work.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

These changes are nice, but I think that lava side should have at least one YA - let's say on the tower and maybe 5 shards next to jumppads? I suggest to move pendulum room YA to the tower and it will be even better.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:22 yes I also remember q3dm9 used to run from time to time at the updated spacius server and it was terrible, hardly playable. that along with q3dm12 are good (hardcore) for ffa (where they run daily along with everything else) but for this specific mode it's proven that they just do not work.
However swapping dm15 and dm9 time to time might be better don't you think?
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

DM9 was a big no on spacius so...
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

I salute the portal change, but with the items change i don't agree personally because the outside spawn was already at a disadvantage.
The team spawning outside is usually the attacker in all the games i played there and all 3 entries are easy to hold from the inside.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless and hi players

Adminless there is one thing that I noticed since there was a dispute over the presence of q3dm15 in the map rotation, it is that when q3dm15 appears on one server a lot of players migrate to the other server and this has the effect of making the games chaotic and messy.

it is the same with q3dm10 on FreeFun which does not appeal to a large number of players.

I admit that it is unpleasant to start a map such as q3dm16, pro-q3tourney4, or q3dm6 for example with 5 or 6 players per team and suddenly in the middle of the match to see 10 or 12 additional players arrive which will completely change the balance of the game which began at a different pace and which often becomes absolutely chaotic and messy...

I'm not the only one who finds this unpleasant...

Maybe you should consider temporarily removing the q3dm15 and q3dm10 maps from rotation to see what that does... as previously players were more likely to stay on the server they were playing on...

Optionally you can try to replace q3dm15 with Overkill or another map of your choice

Thank you in advance for taking these comments into account.
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I just commented previously and around the site, it's what it's, that's the way public servers work and that's exactly what the people unanimously requested the past year (I repeat I had actually removed all those maps instead knowing in full they were not top picks but people unanimously requested it otherwise). for the rest (competitive games, custom maps etc) you have the rest of the server available (i.e. glacius, the private servers etc).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 21:25 as I just commented previously and around the site, it's what it's, that's the way public servers work and that's exactly what the people unanimously requested the past year (I repeat I had actually removed all those maps instead knowing in full they were not top picks but people unanimously requested it otherwise). for the rest (competitive games, custom maps etc) you have the rest of the server available (i.e. glacius, the private servers etc).
So i assume the request to add overkill requires auto download

Hence won't work

Must be something we can add even as a temporary map to try out ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unfortunately I don't really think there's nothing else (meaningful/relevant) to try at the pubs when it comes to maps. that's basically all that this game has to offer.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Yea... messy games. Dm6 starts with 4 vs 4 and ends 11 vs 11, some other maps too. Dm10 or dm15 starts, ppl are gone in seconds and it is repeating all the time. I am gradually losing my will to finish the maps.

Edit: classic - started dm6, in a minutes bambillion ppl, srv 1 started to be empty... Screenshot from same time. I just left...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

On a related note.
Please double the amount of DM 6 in rotation.