UnFreeZe Spring 2024 Tournament

fpsclassico community based events and fights.

what date/s are you available for the all-star/community game?

Poll ended at Mon May 20, 2024 14:32

Tuesday 21 of May of 2024 21:00 CEST (UCT+02)
15%
Wednesday 22 of May of 2024 21:00 CEST (UCT+02)
38%
Thursday 23 of May of 2024 21:00 CEST (UCT+02)
38%
other (comment)
8%

Total votes: 13

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe Spring 2024 Tournament

Post by adminless »

ok before going into further detail just as a quick update here you have now the official combined score card for the final that gives ASS Champion with a single round of difference:

Code: Select all

+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+--------+------+--------+-------+--------+-------+------+
| team | rnd  | scr  | klls | thws | self | dths | s/d  | k/d  | t/d  | given  | self | taken  | eff   | tkn/d  | acc   | def  |
+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+--------+------+--------+-------+--------+-------+------+
| ilm  |   66 |  613 |  516 |   98 |    1 |  504 | 1.22 | 1.02 | 0.19 | 175629 |   75 | 172418 | 50.46 | 342.10 | 24.46 |   40 |
| ass  |   67 |  602 |  503 |  101 |    2 |  518 | 1.16 | 0.97 | 0.19 | 172343 |   75 | 175704 | 49.52 | 339.20 | 29.08 |   33 |
as can be read there the final combined score is 4:4 (games), 66:67 (rounds) and 613:602 (scores) so that 10:3 was actually legendary as even the 10:4 (i.e. a double tie) would have worked on scores (613:602 +11) for ilm. the second leg is actually a 2:2, 30:30, 260:254 double draw only favourable for ilm due the scores which actually makes another of the key and decisive moments of the final that push ass made on the fourth game of the first leg to force a 10:9 finish when they were various rounds behind. as said, totally brain fucking.

on the individual side here is the complete results which I will not use as-is for the best seven/mvp (looks unnecessary/"retarded" [meaning not really representative of "value" and decisiveness] in my opinion I guess nobody is gonna come back like crazy later on because of that) but that I believe that for reference are interesting:

Code: Select all

+------------------+-------+-------+-------+----------+--------+------+-------+
| player           | score | kills | thaws | suicides | deaths | eff  | games |
| [ILM]Fus1on      |   190 |   160 |    30 |        0 |    116 | 1.64 |    10 |
| -=ASS=-RICKY!!   |   185 |   165 |    22 |        2 |    123 | 1.50 |    10 |
| [ILM]Blaze       |   178 |   157 |    21 |        0 |    121 | 1.47 |    11 |
| -=ASS=-ang3lfish |   175 |   134 |    41 |        0 |    125 | 1.40 |    11 |
| [ILM]ironmonkey  |   171 |   142 |    29 |        0 |    126 | 1.36 |    10 |
| -=ASS=-WALNUT    |   168 |   134 |    35 |        1 |    140 | 1.20 |    11 |
| -=ASS=-CLIFF     |   152 |   126 |    27 |        1 |    127 | 1.20 |    10 |
| -=ASS=-Infin!ty  |   113 |    95 |    19 |        1 |     82 | 1.38 |     7 |
| [ILM]ORGI69      |   113 |    85 |    29 |        1 |     87 | 1.30 |     8 |
| *DT*bl4h         |   100 |    80 |    20 |        0 |     75 | 1.33 |     6 |
| [ILM]vrtx        |    89 |    79 |    10 |        0 |     79 | 1.13 |     6 |
| *DT*Tubylec      |    78 |    66 |    12 |        0 |     81 | 0.96 |     6 |
| [ILM]Mike_uk     |    76 |    59 |    17 |        0 |     66 | 1.15 |     7 |
| *DT*Edversion    |    65 |    52 |    13 |        0 |     62 | 1.05 |     5 |
| *DT*REDRUM       |    44 |    33 |    11 |        0 |     56 | 0.79 |     4 |
| -=ASS=-Ric0_     |    41 |    34 |     7 |        0 |     47 | 0.87 |     4 |
| [ILM]MAKAVELI    |    34 |    25 |     9 |        0 |     37 | 0.92 |     3 |
| *DT*$oze         |    30 |    22 |     8 |        0 |     70 | 0.43 |     5 |
| *DT*maczus*OfC*  |    29 |    23 |     6 |        0 |     52 | 0.56 |     4 |
| -=ASS=- Denzoa   |    21 |    20 |     1 |        0 |     25 | 0.84 |     2 |
so for the best seven of the whole tournament I'm basically gonna go with the one I had only now with this final order ricky, iron, angel, blaze, blah, fusion, inifity with Ricky as mvp for the second time in his career, this time finally delivering a tittle for his team. ok, I go properly update the rest of the stuff and start with the videos too. ggs.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

everything finished now with the final, as usual the inside videos will go completing over the night and I'll merge the split one tomorrow. it ended up getting late after reviewing everything so I think that I'll just leave the small commentary and follow up event/invitations for tomorrow with more detail so stay tuned.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, since this morning I just uploaded the YouTube vids and updated spare historic team stats for revision so unless I missed something I guess that means that then we're finally all done with this UnFreeZe Spring 2024 tournament edition. as said, despite being of smaller scale than other ones it has been all the exciting and epic the same, likely among the most memorable ones, so thank you everybody for participate and complete/honour it in full, well done. now when it comes to the small final commentary, I think that it did not fail to deliver and the wait was worth as it consumed one of the biggest comebacks ever. it all opened with pro-q3dm6, ass pick, which was indeed a great pick for ass, they definitively played good their off-game game with the choices, both did in fact, however in-game it was totally different story and out of the blue ass formed with a team totally different from the one that draw the first leg from the get go. top elite champion players or not you do not introduce such a number of changes from a strong performing team just like that. that was definitively perceived as a "mistake" but perceptions aside the fact is that it just did't work out and here ilm played arguably their best game of the final (as a whole) with a much more solid team game and easily took a 10:4 score that considering the parity between both looked virtually decisive as it turned the whole final around 3:2 +5 rounds on their favour. in this map rico connection apparently broke with a 8:4 score that lead the match into a server restart on next 9:4 round, that was appealed/reviewed in-game and it's confirmed now in-video to be the case. as explained other times that's the standard procedure for "timeouts" here, in the event of a drop the match shall continue until the round ends, then on round end in the event of a mismatch the sever will automatically trigger a full game restart resuming the game from the last scores counting obviously the round that has just been scored. any other procedures (ex. waiting it out) are not strictly forbidden but not enforced/approved by any means. once settled that charon3dm9, ilm pick, was played and despite great improvements from ass (compared to the opening game) it was not enough to really challenge ilm on, in my opinion, their strongest home map that they once again took easily with a 10:6 score once again growing their overall final advantage into 4:2 +9. to be honest at this point, considering the momentum as well as the score, the title looked done for and if it wouldn't have been for a historic ass comeback in the second half that would have been the case as at this point it was just a matter of rounds (not even games) for ilm to take the tittle (just 11 rounds to be precise in the two remaining games they needed at this point). hub3tourney1 did in fact play along that and despite ass finally scoring their first map of the second leg ilm collected nevertheless 7 rounds which was more than half those they needed at that point to comfortably making it 4:3 +6 into the final and decisive map q3dm7 that they had even picked themselves. considering the double (games/rounds) draw would even benefit them on scores that was virtually a game of difference with just one game left as then only scores of 10:3 or more could make ass champion at that point. I don't know if that had some sort of psychological effect or anything but the case is that what happened in the last game taking everything in consideration it's very difficult to explain by itself alone but I guess that moments like this are what make big time games so special. not that ass taking q3dm7 would have been any surprise/upset or anything as from a finally 50.5:49:5 projected match up it's clear anyone could take anything here but precisely that's what makes such a 10:3 (or higher) score the more unusual. and pretty much I think that was all with the second leg I think, as said, a really epic encounter, congrats to ass on the overall victory and well played both, legendary.

as for the already mentioned follow-up event I just sent this morning invitation to everyone on the list so now waiting input/confirmation from the people involved to organise that within these weeks (i.e the next week or exceptionally the week after the latest). just to be safe and/or in case someone else might be interested here it's as a well how the tournament follow-up game should (ideally) look like this time:
  • event: UnFreeZe Spring 2024 - Present VS Past ALL-Star Game
  • date: Thursday 16 or Sunday 19 of May of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
  • teams:
    • present: ricky, iron, angel, blaze, blah, fusion, inifity
    • past: ami, aimer, fau, sub-zero, mwhq3, ribx, cth
    • backup/change/replacement: bishop
  • server: fpsclassico.com:27970 or fpsclasico.de:27970
  • maps: teddm1, 6++, overkill, 7++, cpm4a
  • format: five 7vs7 showdown games
as said, since it has been a smaller tournament I think that a interesting format/setup this time would be set the current best seventh of this edition against a team of former best sevenths so considering general activity/interest and after review it for sensible balance I just came to the list posted there then now just waiting to hear back from those to schedule that so far only aimer has confirmed that. additionally blah from that list doesn't have a forum account thus I couldn't reach then I'd appreciate if the people around could get in touch with him to let him know about this. as usual that's just the base card to get started, the final date will have to be agreed/established once the participants are known (as it can be otherwise) same as with the final line ups so those interest please stay tuned and in case someone not in the list is also interest feel free to join here for consideration depending on the circumstances.

other than that for the aftermath of that, that I assume that in one way or another it should happen, when it comes to the eventual Diamond Clan-Team UnFreeZe undisputed rematch I just invited this morning as well kf and loverex for that and much to my surprise kf unexpectedly replied right away (no bullshit this time) to communicate that after talking with their team they seem not to be interested in that at the time of writing then I guess that means that I'll try to get in touch with the Moskva guys next for a classic UnFreeZe showdown after the community game instead and that should be it. considering they have lately struggled to make any games happen we'll see if it finally happens therefor those interested make sure to not miss the currently planned community game as that can be the final game of the season by now.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Thank you for the invitation but I will not participate
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok np thanks for getting back and let me know, let's see what the rest say then. as said that's the initial plan, in case people miss or anything some other line-ups/themes can be scheduled (as usual or at least tried). I guess we'll know that by the next week for sure so stay tuned. additionally I also opened a poll here for the community game date so those interested/involved make sure to vote on that.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Can you not arrange a game in the much earlier time like a morning or afternoon Sunday something like that

bitchEZ need to get out bed on a Sunday and play
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that time (nights 21:00) is generally the most popular (that's around prime time in europe). I assume Sunday morning/afternoon most likely people will be busy with other afk activities (dinner, family, outside activities etc). anyways, as already said and as even noted in the poll, other times are possible if people want to so we'll see.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 0:44 that time (nights 21:00) is generaly the most popular (that's around prime time in europe). I assume Sunday morning/afternoon most likely people will be busy with other afk activities (dinner, family, outside activities etc). anyways, as already said and as even noted in the poll, other times are possible if people want to so we'll see.
Well if you can add the times to the poll that would good, assEZ are mostly in bed , Sunday afternoon everyone is in game and we don't need autographs
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think it can be noted here and then we'll hear about the rest. btw just as a reminder out of all the people invited so far I only heard back from aimer and fusion, I guess that in case of that being the case by the next week or so I'll just invite more/other people and then we'll see how it turns out. additionally since the undisputed rematch appears that is not gonna happen I think that probably other maps can be played as well as those were selected mostly just to serve as training for that event. I think that in case of high turnout as initially planed teddm1 could probably be replaced by qfraggel2a that was the best game of the last community game and cpm4a by poq3dm5 just to give it a shot. in fact I believe that for potential successive editions that (poq3dm5 in place of cpm4a) can even be a replacement as it looks like cpm4a plays poorly even at random pub games here.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as a update on this along aimer I also got cth in for the former stars team yesterday and iron for the current best team although only available for the Thursday or the week after if not (which is a possibility in case this gets dragged) so waiting for input from more people to make this happen (12 people at least) in some way shape or form.
ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

Post by ang3lfish »

thank you very much for the invitation, I would like to participate in the event.
Of course, it all depends on the match date.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

fantastic news, noted now, thank you. sure as I said, once there's enough people (i.e. 12 people) either from the list or not (hopefully from the list but if not it shouldn't be a big deal anyway) then we'll talk more closely about the date and maps (if there's no gonna be undisputed rematch there's probably no point in playing all those maps) so stay tuned. from what I see so far unless 6-7 other people show up "as we speak" (i.e. in the next few days) I assume the Thursday won't probably happen then it's likely that it might get delayed one week, as said, we'll see.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as a update on the community game today I also received confirmation from ami for the Thursday that means that then we have at least five people in for this so far (aimer, cth, iron, angel, ami). if ricky and blaze would team up the present team would be more or less done just waiting for a few reinforcements/extra players otherwise with five people already then we're half done for a full blown community game regardless of the shape and form. for the rest from the list sub-zero just reported now that the time doesn't really work for him and additionally sent invitations to walnut, miro and odin/ixxaaa (either individually or as a team these last, ex. forum team [aka team forza] vs Moskva) so far just to be safe since there have already been a few drops. about blah I know nothing so if somebody know tell me. finally when it comes to the maps as commented previous since the undisputed rematch is not gonna happen by now there's no point in playing teddm1/cpm4a so I'll just replace those from the list previous posted before with qfraggle2a (that was the best game of the previous community game) and poq3dm5 (that will replace cpm4a in future events/tournaments just to be safe and give a initial try/test). and I think that's all by now so who else is interested in participate?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

odin (Moskva leader/admin in the absence of ixsy) just replied now that it appears like they are potentially interested in participate (i.e. in making one game, not yet confirmed, if possible of course) so it looks like then finally there's at least gonna be one more extra community game afterwards, as said, considering the initial one happens in any way, shape or form (and then a group to select from those will play otherwise the ones that sign up for this [aimer, cth, iron, angel, ami + 1-2 so far] will just play that).
bl4h
User lv1
User lv1

Post by bl4h »

thanks for the invitation, Thursday suits me best