Slower weapon switching

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Slower weapon switching

Post by NoobKilla »

Hi everyone. I've noticed that my weapons switching is much slower than in original game. Originally I thought I did something wrong in configuration, but the configurations are exactly the same now and the switching of weapons is much slower in ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v23.5.zip. Inside the game, other players switch weapons much faster than me thus having advantage over me. Also not every bullet hits my target, sometimes it just passes through. Could be a bug of some sort.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Slower weapon switching

Post by adminless »

I don't think so and I'm definitively not aware of any such bugs.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I don't know how game works, you know, so is it possible that you made weapons switching depending on the network? I had issues with wifi due to bad weather and the storms and I've noticed delays of even 2-3 seconds between weapons switch, it's like the reaction to the input is delayed. I'm serious, I know how it may seem to you, but this is really happening.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

in case of extreme packet loss I assume your game could freeze however if it's only the weapon switching that it's failing I doubt it has something to do with the network. in any case what I can assure you is that it's not a cfg issue as there's no such as different switch time options in the server.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I went to test it and you're right there actually is some packet loss and I think the delay in weapon switching is because of late packets, that explains it and it's quite random, exactly as those late packets are random on screenshot:
wifi network.png
I'll have to wait for better weather to play with you all.

EDIT: bad weather was during entire day today, it's still bad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.