UnFreeZe 2023 summer cup

UnFreeZe Summer 23 Cup History - Diamond Clan Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

UnFreeZe 2023 summer cup

Post by adminless »

ok, to celebrate the recovery of the servers that went down and as some people had requested I open here now a new UnFreeZe tournament for this summer 2023. the intention this time is to keep it a short tournament to warmup for the fall season so the idea is for example to give the first half of July to sign up (as well as finishing checking and setting up all the servers hehe) and the second half to make a small knockout cup among the participants if it happens of course (we'll see). as usual the event is intended for the registered clan but if people is interested in participate anyways I think they can just sign up anyways and put on a team anyways just to participate on this (given they are enough people, that's it, at least six people. the current competitive map pool that will be played is (the one that runs on glacius when not at event/meeting time): the rest of the stuff I guess that it should be well know already so probably no need to bother with that. ok, so who's up for this and wanna participate?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: UnFreeZe 2023 summer cup

Post by PacMan »

Dude is it possible, apart from players who sign up , we can turn up for like some kinda knock out matches , these days hard for me to commit until right up close to it ,

So count me in as a reserve / sub player please
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, as said I think the option is, first finish setting up/testing up the new servers on the next weeks of course, and then just run a small (not a months long league, that will come on the fall/winter if anything) knock out stage on late July/early August the most. something like semi finals one week then finals (first and thrid) may be even up to eight teams should work all the same (i.e. until quarter-finals or heats). additionally as said, I think clanless people can sign up here anyways and participate anyways given there's at least 6 of them of course. we'll see, finally obviously as usual if the small cup doesn't work out another option is just to organize a summer UnFreeZe fight with the interesting/available people to warmup for the next UnFreeZe event (i.e. ten people minimum).
-=ASS=-RICKY!!!
User lv2
User lv2

Post by -=ASS=-RICKY!!! »

ASS is interested in participating in this tournament,what are the exact dates considering most of my clan can only play on weekends,so we can organize and actually participate without players being unable to play because of their work schedules,so if we can get any dates in advance that would be awesome,thanks in advance

Ricky
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news then as I just finished setting up the servers today (for the most part) and I just rolled out today a secondary ranked server just to be safe. awesome then let's see who else show besides ass and pacman as eighth member of a community team (still waiting at least for other five members to assemble that) as for the dates and so as said count for this to be played on the second half of July and mid August the latest and sure weekends are a option. as usual the final details and format will be known once we know who finally participates but the idea is to run something short in the fashion of a direct knockout cup to warn up if anything for the league that will come next season. also do not forget to post the full ass squad that will participate on this tournament from start to finish before it starts to sign them up as no other people than the ones named will be allowed to participate and failing to do so will get your team disqualified.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, so who else is interested/wanna sign up (either clans or single players)? I think the new servers are finally pretty much ready (just details/documentation really left now) so it would be good to know by this week or the beginning of the next one at most who's gonna participate to then start discussing about the format dates and so for this summer cup. also still waiting to hear the updated players list for the tournament from ass clan.
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

Good evening Miguel,

ILM checks in summer cup with the following players:

Orgi
Blaze
Fusion
Makaveli
Mikes
Vortex
Ironmonkey

Best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

exciting news welcome in and just registered Vortex to your team then. ok, so it looks at least a grand final will happen for a rematch of that legendary ass-ilm encounter that shaped the previous regular season. as usual stay tune for the final format and dates around the next week. good luck and have fun.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I think that everyone should be familiar with the rules already but just to be safe please remember that all teams must be assembled and the formations announced before the start of the tournament (between 6 and 8 players) and that all teams are required to meaningfully (no bullshiting, meaningfully) communicate during the development of the competition failing to do so it's reason for disqualification (or any other punishment) as deemed appropriate in a case basis. I mean, this time being a short win or go home competition planned for around a month of duration at most (i.e. July-August approx) I assume there should be no problems but just to be safe. I received word of interest (not yet signing but at least of interest) from two other teams so let's see how it plays out. I also invited the champs but the champs didn't report back yet. I think if nothing changes initially the signing can be open until the Friday 14 of July of 2023 23:59:59 CEST (UTC+02) to then start preparing the tournament right that weekend to begin the fights the week/s to follow so please stay tuned and those interested do not waste your time.

the format for the match ups will be the classic best of five in a-b-a-b-c order where each team picks 3 maps and the other blocks one and then both one also from the set of tie-breakers that came from the list posted down bellow. I think that given the circumstance that now there's actually two ranked servers on real different locations and setups the final can probably be disputed on a special double date home-away format to make it more exciting and as test base for a potential full two legged league next where each team will have a home game where they pick the server they want this to be played at (i.e. fpsclasico.eu:27968 the "primary" or fpsclassico.com:27970 the "secondary" with both being as well accessible through the fpsclasico.de, 27968 or 27970, route if necessary), three maps and the opponent two for a three games date (after a block each) opened by the "b" team (or as determined on the league hence the two legs) so there would be no tie-breakers, the team that would win four maps win or it will go to the judge scorecards (i.e. rounds so everything counts). I think it could be worth the try and a solid option for a potential two legged league on the fall/winter where the time is much more limited specially considering the differences in time zones.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .WTF!P0rsche?!

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha come on dude move on and build another team if you want to, such a team does no longer exists. ok, I just got a new sign up now on mail with a special diamond clan formation approved just for this tournament consisting of viper++, frag_masin, holysquid, olc, kf, shantu, heero2b and miroslav that then will be evaluated after the tournament outcome before being really registered here. ok, great news so with this and still at the wait to hear ass players list that means that then we are at least three teams for a mini tri league for example that would produce a two legged grand final, looking exciting. if a fourth (or more) team/s show up then the format will be that of a regular knockout cup so don't miss this great opportunity to build up some experience and warm up for the next season and sign up now. signing closes in one week approx.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Yo white brothers, oKo clan is ready to play some good games, we confirm the presence. Team :

bl!nd
cacahuete
WhoAmI
Mango
Venum
yUb
Magister
cTh
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

exciting news then we have now at least three teams assembled and confirmed (ilm, dc summer 23 edition, oKo), awesome. I guess later today/tomorrow then I'll open the usual tournament format/scoreboard to be discussed along the next week (initially a small group of three and then a two legged grand final). as for ass clan and in particular Ricky, I think that enough is enough, virtually one week no contact whatsoever just to sign up I think I need to know no more, I'm banning this ass(hole) at least for a year from any kind of organized event. I mean, time and time again this dude just keep signing up himself to stuff just to later ghost, no show or whatever and end ruining everything. just as we speak he comes from pulling off the same bullshit and getting red carded at the masters 23, no way. I think the best thing he can do here for his team is just getting them altogether banned so rather I think I'm just banning him instead as it would be kind of unfair. ok, unfortunately that means that then until somebody else from ass shows up and properly sign them up and communicates they are out.

just as a reminder remember that the deadline to sign up for this small UnFreeZe summer 23 tournament to be played during late July and early/mid August ends next Friday so those interested (either clans or clanless players) please make sure to sign up to not miss all the fun.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

@adminless
We talked with Ricky about this tourney and from what I understand he believes the deadline to bring the players list is half of the July just like the sign up deadline as was said on the beginning. It is true that it was big shame that he canceled the last duel tourney two times, but i think in this particual case it is fair to give Ass clan time to bring their players list until the end of the sign-up deadline. In this moment the event has not yet started, the comunication rule shoud aply from the beggining of the event right? I will spam him on Discord so please give me some time, i am sure it would be pity to weaken Ass like this. I know they were recruiting new players specially for this event. Infinity i think.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

come on, how many times did he pull exactly just that? five? six? may be seven? I had enough of this guy and as I said the worst thing about it is that if you allow him he is just gonna end up getting his entire clan banned instead of just him. enough is enough, buddy is banned as we speak, I'm not gonna keep spamming nobody mail that is always broken beyond belief. not my problem, buddy showed here to ask about information for a tournament a Monday, received a appropriate answer on the day, almost one week later I know nothing about the dude, I need to know no more, hell no. enough is enough.