enemy models colors

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Gladiat0r
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: *DT*^GLADIAT0R / *DT*NoobsHunter

enemy models colors

Post by Gladiat0r »

i downloaded the unfreeze client and i want to change the colors of enemies ,/cg_enemycolors cmd did not work out whatever value it remains green .
also i badly want to change the yellow and turquoise colors to something like blue and red because those colors annoys my eyes .
another thing is ,does fps diffrence between players (one with 60 and the other like 120-500 fps as an example) make huge impact or gives numerous advantages to those who posses higher numbers or not? how can i have a setting that stop shaky aim ?

thanks if someone replies .
regards, ...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: enemy models colors

Post by adminless »

unfortunately the option to change the enemy colors to other than green or the default ones with \cg_forceskin 0 is just not available on the UnFreeZe mod. for default solid red/blue colors instead of the yellow/cyan you can probably try this zzz-models2.pk3 file on your unfreeze folder that works with the keel model. for the most part these servers are patched for fps independent physics so there should be no major differences/advantages regardless of the specific fps number at what your game runs as long as it's just stable and high enough to sustain a solid fluent performance.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

hello admin, I'm bouncing back on this topic, is it possible to force the TankJr skin instead of Keel? I've absolutely no idea how, despite having done quite a few tests on my own on my cfg and by modifying certain pk3 files, nothing has helped. Is this mod designed for Keel as the only "ennemymodel"?
I used to use TankJr, but since I've been playing Unfreeze, it's been impossible to change Keel.
Cheers'
/aimGPT (for now.. :lol: )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

on the UnFreeZe client mod you select the enemy model with the enemy_model and enemy_headmodel cvars respectively, so under normal circumstances (i.e. no further customizations) \enemy_model tankjr and \enemy_headmodel tankjr will give you tankjr enemies or any other one (or a combination) that you prefer.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

adminless wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:22 on the UnFreeZe client mod you select the enemy model with the enemy_model and enemy_headmodel cvars respectively, so under normal circumstances (i.e. no further customizations) \enemy_model tankjr and \enemy_headmodel tankjr will give you tankjr enemies or any other one (or a combination) that you prefer.
thanks, I can now use tankjr model as ennemy, but now its black skin instead of my usual green flashy, any idea of which parts of pk3 do I need to mod maybe?
shot-20230711-140400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

ok fixed
shot-20230711-141939.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PUFF
User lv3
User lv3

Post by PUFF »

The Undead wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 14:20 ok fixed

shot-20230711-141939.jpg
How?
did you use chatGPT? :mrgreen:
:wave:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I assume he just had some custom pack interfering so most likely he just removed it or simply used the clean package as-is and as it's intended to be used.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

PUFF wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 20:11 How?
did you use chatGPT? :mrgreen:
:wave:
:D
adminless wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 20:14 I assume he just had some custom pack interfering so most likely he just removed it or simply used the clean package as-is and as it's intended to be used.
In fact, I modified initial 'zzz-agi_models.pk3' but everything from Keel to TankJr, worked well, but only for Q3e.
For ioQuake, r_fixedlight set to '300' works well, no need for 'zzz-agi_models.pk3'.
I found that fixedlight 300 is a bit extreme but has pretty much better 3D render of the ennemy skin than in Q3e which transforms ennemy in 2D.
I'm a bit mitigate to use back TankJr as hitbox is total joke sometimes, but I still like it. Not sure for now, but pretty sure I will come back to Keel later.

If it can help, I share my 'zzz-tankjr_models.pk3' (agi but renamed and modified) for TankJr for those interested : https://we.tl/t-uC4vhSDxdm
Also, don't forget to type this in your cfg's :

seta model "tankjr"
seta headmodel "tankjr"
seta enemy_model "tankjr"
seta enemy_headmodel "tankjr"
seta cg_forcemodel "3"
seta cg_forceskin "1"

Enjoy :mrgreen: