UnFreeZe Super League 2023, Second Leg

UnFreeZe Super League 2023, Second Leg History - Immortal Clan First Place
Edversion
User lv3
User lv3

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by Edversion »

@fau, yes. That's what I meant. Like a pickup but for a longer 1month period or so. The problem would be, if you stuck for longer with someone you really don't like, if there is someone :)
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

So we can do Tuesday match 12 Dec, 21 or 21.15, maps T1: q3dm7, hub3tourney1, T3: goldleaf, 13excave_b1, playing on Eu server.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 16:18 yes one option it would be for people to signup individually instead and then for me (or anybody else) to set up the teams according to metrics as shown before (or anything else). that's in fact how this started and how the first edition was played however just as fau is pointing out that might work for a one-off event here and there but besides that it probably takes the fun away in the long run from the competition and that's not what people really want. I mean, edition after edition I always ask people to individually sign up here precisely for that, to build at least a balanced community team to participate, and the reality is that beside one or two at most players here and there nobody shows for that. I think that should answer you that so basically it's what it's and I'll just have to try my best to organize this in a way that is meaningful and that if it doesn't work for everyone at least it does for the majority and the most part. anyways, that said, I repeat although it's true that there's always some room for improvement and some things could have been better I think it was nevertheless a great edition (if not the best) and it played out very good.
Sorry for also adding to this thread as it wasn't for.its intended topic

Can you split it? I think it's a forum option so discussed separately?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@redrum ok great noted that for the Tuesday night then and just waiting for community picks for that to leave it set within the next days. go also thinking about the order in what you prefer to play this.

@pacman I don't know what you're talking about, yes I can move post across different thread but if you're referring to the post above I guess that I can just delete it instead as I don't it's related to anything.

@rest ok here it's the updated status for the last week decisive fights I have noted so far to be left scheduled this weekend:
  • Week 5
    • Double Trouble VS Team Community (Tuesday 12 of December of 2023 21:00/21:15 CET)
      • status: already scheduled for the Tuesday night 21:00-21:15 (approx). dt already submitted its picks so now just waiting for community picsk within the next 24 hours the latest.
    • ASS Clan VS ILM Clan (Wednesday 13 of December of 2023 21:15 CET)
      • status: already scheduled for the Wednesday night and already received nodm9a, bloodcovenant as ilm picks so now just waiting for ass to pick/decide the rest as to leave this all set within the next days.
    • oKo Clan VS Immortal Clan (Thursday 14 of December of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: immortal already confirmed such date so now just waiting for oko to do the same or come back with another date to play this the next week within the next 24 hours (approx). in case of have not received a clear communication about that by tomorrow night from oko then such date will remain whether they can finally meet it or not. additionally both already provided map picks therefore now just waiting to hear final choices from those as to leave this all set within the next days.
as usual review that and let me know if I missed something.
viper++
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: .DC!Viper++!?

Post by viper++ »

I have started to read tchulu post but i cant finish it yet. I fall deep asleep each 30 min.

Florentino Perez have been reading this post and have canceled Mbape signing. Of course, Modric will be banned cause he had a golden globe. Vinicius banned, too good too. Bellingan fired too. With this changes,the oficial league will be more interesting... more balanced...

This is a example of the nosense explained here. Sound ridiculous on footbal, sounds ridiculous here.

No more questions sir.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think this has been brought other times and I don't like drawing comparisons as it's not the point here to imitate anything but let's just go by your example for a moment. what you might fail to realize with it is that that's exactly how it works. in professional level team sports people don't team up based on their friendship, their aversion/fear of losing ("Quakers who mainly wish to not lose much") or anything else, they do that for a living and therefore they go where the money takes them and that's where the balance (supply/demand) and the regulations (debt/budget/salary caps, taxes etc) come at play and how the business actually works (more competitive leagues, not predictable one team leagues, make more money, meaning views, sponsorship, engagement etc which then lead to more better players for the league, madrid isn't the only side making the money on each match, and so on. I mean just as you brought the florentino name that's exactly the only point of his superleague project, to face other elite teams on equal footing, meaning money, arsenal, psg, juventus, manchester united etc, to make the good money and instead to skip the lesser teams, sevilla, napoles etc which is exactly what led to the arbitration case against the regulators and the backslash) not even to mention that there's like a dozen divisions there (outside of the local leagues and one off special events like the supercups you don't get champions league teams to play uefa league teams just to put a example and the level difference there, on average, isn't even dramatic). obviously as I started saying it doesn't even make sense trying to bring that comparison now so that said somebody has to act on it or if not it just doesn't work as I'm showing you and as even your own guys are saying (I think it's been two editions already since olc has been consistently longing for a more competitive fight so make sure that I'll try my best to try to accommodate his wishes). as I said, it's not like I'm banning any of those players if not the contrary, I'm encouraging them instead to participate and get involved in a meaningful and positive way. yeah I wish miro, ixsy, nastia and some of the notorious guys that were left out would have teamed up to break even as I said that would have been a solid option so the balance wouldn't be necessary to be invoked but unfortunately that wasn't the case and therefore I might have to account for that in the event of another edition. simply put what you're pretending is just self defeating in itself (concentrating the majority of the top players in a team just like that it just leds to alienate the rest of the teams that in turn it just ends by alienating the league itself along with yourselves) so it's the way it's and we'll see how it plays out in the future.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 21:26 @redrum ok great noted that for the Tuesday night then and just waiting for community picks for that to leave it set within the next days. go also thinking about the order in what you prefer to play this.

@pacman I don't know what you're talking about, yes I can move post across different thread but if you're referring to the post above I guess that I can just delete it instead as I don't it's related to anything.

@rest ok here it's the updated status for the last week decisive fights I have noted so far to be left scheduled this weekend:
  • Week 5
    • Double Trouble VS Team Community (Tuesday 12 of December of 2023 21:00/21:15 CET)
      • status: already scheduled for the Tuesday night 21:00-21:15 (approx). dt already submitted its picks so now just waiting for community picsk within the next 24 hours the latest.
      • status: already scheduled for the Wednesday night and already received nodm9a, bloodcovenant as ilm picks so now just waiting for ass to pick/decide the rest as to leave this all set within the next days.
      • status: immortal already confirmed such date so now just waiting for oko to do the same or come back with another date to play this the next week within the next 24 hours (approx). in case of have not received a clear communication about that by tomorrow night from oko then such date will remain whether they can finally meet it or not. additionally both already provided map picks therefore now just waiting to hear final choices from those as to leave this all set within the next days.
as usual review that and let me know if I missed something.
Must be a UK thing , this thread is your team updates but many other comments slipped in , so they split the topics so tournament discussion is one place and your updates remain intact.on a thread

But yeah never mind lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem, this thread is not just about my updates if not about the league itself so it's open to any discussions about it. as long as you don't come looking for noobkilla here too any thoughts/questions anyone wants to share about it are welcome so I'm happy people participate in the discussion.

ok, now as a update on this please note that this night potentially season deciding fight between ass and oko will start 20:30 at the fpsclasico.eu server instead of at 21:00 per oko request to better accomodate their players schedule. have fun and good luck.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok ladies and gentleman ass has finally secured a 2:0 this night so the season has been decided and drum roll we have a new champion, Immortal Clan, congrats!! for the rest I'll update all the results now as usual but initially in a quick look if I haven't missed anything it appears that much to my surprise finally ass will be in the fight for the second place in the last week and there will even be a triple fight between immortal, oko and ass for the second leg first place. epic.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

everything complete now and as said for other than the championship that has been finally decided for immortal after 27 fights out of 30 (90% which I think that it's perfectly good number, at least, it works for me) it's crazy the amount of stuff that is left to decide for the final week. when it comes to the season results I think that the only things certain by now beside the championship are the sixth and fifth place for dt and ilm respectively the rest (second, third and fourth) are still up for the grabs. oko is the only that depends on himself there if he can beat immortal in the last week they will secure the second place however if they miss ass could end up as two times runner in a row just by dispatching of ilm regardless of the result while community is set for the fourth or third place depending the rest of the results. for the second leg that is also still at play on its own it appears the lower half positions are already decided with dt as sixth place, ilm as fifth place and community as fourth regardless of the results (taking for granted community beats dt) however the top three places are still open for dispute between none other than three teams. again the only ones that depend on themselves are the champions immortal that if they beat oko they take it all however surprisingly as second leg sensation team ass still has options for a first place there just by beating ilm provided oko manages to beat immortal. oko has the lowest chances as I think their only path to take the second leg is beating 2:0 immortal and waiting for ilm to do the same against ass casting aside some bizarre (i.e. unrealistic 10:5 or more) scores combinations at this level. even the less relevant but still interesting off-the-record results are still at play where immortal hasn't defined yet, oko could still take the first place there making the difference and the deciding moment the opening week no showing punishment so in few words so many things that it's just brain fucking. I guess that the only thing also certain is that the seeding has indeed worked wonders and set everything for a crazy finish.

for the rest just remind that as said in-game do not forget that every registered player must have played at least one in-record game during the development of each leg otherwise players that are just not gonna participate for whatever the reason is and either on their end or in the end of their teams will be kicked from their teams once this finish and they will not be allowed to rejoin later on just like that. from what I have seen everyone has complied with this by now so congrats to everyone on that with the only exceptions of venum for oko and oab for ass. venum case was already know so that's just waiting for a decision and not gonna comment more about it however I want to remind ass that if they don't line up oab next week against ilm at least in one in-record game they will incur in a violation of such rule and therefore oab will be kicked from their team by the Wednesday night at least for a year or so.

finally here it's the current status I have noted for the last week fights:
  • Week 5
      • status: already scheduled for the Tuesday night 21:00-21:15 (approx) and now just waiting for dt to chose between pro-dcmap7 and charon3dm9 for the second game along with hub3tourney1 or goldleaf as the first game within the next 24 hours to leave this all set by tomorrow night the latest.
      • status: already scheduled for the Wednesday night and now just waiting for ilm final picks from ass choices bal3dm3, goldleaf and hub3tourney1, reqdm5 within the next 48 hours the latest approx to leave this all set.
      • status: already scheduled for the Thursday night and now just waiting for immortal final choices from oko picks bal3dm3, 13excave and overkill, q3dm14 along with oko to decide the order and the sever within the next days to leave this all set.
and I think that's all by now.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Heero-2b wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 18:05

I'd still like to come back to the DT clan that was mentioned here. That's where I put them. Because I talked Drummi into signing up. I don't think DT is the same clan that entered the tournament now. They have gained a lot of experience and their players have really improved. KF and I have offered a helping hand. We can train together, I can give advice, whatever, no one has approached me in all this time. The only thing I saw was swearing in chat when we played (which we saw afterwards in GTV - video).
Yes, the players who play in DT are noticeably better than they were before. I'm just writing this as a simple user. I also see that, as in other games (I used to play swat 4 more seriously), team tactics matter much more than individual skills alone. There is a clan (I won't name it directly) that we talk to, I watched their videos and even though all the players individually are usually in the first places in any unfreeze or glacius game, the game doesn't work for them together.

But there's DrumJass :> for example, as a player, I've been meeting him for a long time, whether on a regular server or on glacius, it's easy to say that he's improving a lot.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, obviously, you get better by playing better players and teams, that's how you improve, not the other way around. although at the same time there's a point to that as with everything. of course, just as I said there's a lot more to the game than just some synthetic (mostly individual) game stats. obviously they give you a frame of reference to get started as a base to at least not do anything plainly stupid like allowing miro to play with this immortal line-up but that's probably all about it. they ultimately do not determine the outcome and final results so that's what's really important (along with how it played out) and what should really be looked for rather than just a specific magic number. I mean, don't get me wrong that make sure that I'll post here all the stats and all that once this ends along this weekend and we'll review it (just as I did with the first leg btw) but when it comes to balance there's no such thing as a silver bullet that magically it's gonna fix all the problems. it's doesn't work like that, if such thing would really exist then people would win the lotto every week which is simply not the case.

ok, here we have the card for this Wednesday decisive fight for the top places of the second leg between ass and ilm:
  • match-up: ASS Clan VS ILM Clan
  • picks:
    • tier 2: nodm9a, bloodcovenant (-)
    • tier 3: bal3dm3, goldleaf (-)
    • tier 1: hub3tourney1, reqdm5 (-)
  • maps: hub3tourney1, nodm9a, bal3dm3
  • date: Wednesday 13 of December of 2023 21:15 CET
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968
  • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
good luck and have fun. for the rest this night I will not post any more schedules as with these week fights the season will come to a end. that said after this, during the holidays I guess I'll try to schedule one more (non title) game between this season champions immortal and the previous season champions приде at some time yet to determine but around 18:00 CET that I believe that it can be a great and interesting fight to organize obviously provided both are available and interested in that (which obviously doesn't depend on me so there's nothing agreed/done yet). in case immortal isn't interested in any more fights after this I guess that then I'll just try to setup myself a rematch of that Team UnFreeZe versus Теам Москва mega fight instead then for the vacant undisputed tittle so we'll see. this time I'll skip a all-star/community end of the year game as I believe that there has been more than enough all-star and community games along the season already (virtually every league fight) so at this point it wouldn't really feel like anything special.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

Nice words, thank you Lisa.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys here is the card for tomorrow closing fight between Double Trouble and community:
  • match-up: Double Trouble VS Team Community
  • picks:
    • tier 2: pro-dcmap7 (-), charon3dm9
    • tier 3: goldleaf, 13excave (-)
    • tier 1: q3dm7 (-), hub3tourney1
  • maps: hub3tourney1, charon3dm9, goldleaf
  • date: Tuesday 12 of December of 2023 21:00/21:15 CET
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968
  • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
as usual review that and let me know if there's some mistake or anything, otherwise see you tomorrow in-game. as said, this night I will no post any more schedules as there's no more, this has been all with the UnFreeZe Super League 2023. now all that is left is to play this week fights that still have a lot of things to decide and for immortal to pick one from bal3dm3, 13excave and one from overkill, q3dm14 within the next 24 hours as for oKo to then decide the order and the server to finally leave all set the last oko-immortal fight of the season no later than the Wednesday night. additionally in light of that I already sent invitation to ixxaaa for that off the season special fight during the holidays, still to determine but for example for the Wednesday 27 of December of 2023 18:00 CET (UTC+01) to get started, that was the only of them that reached out so waiting to hear back from them within the next days to see if they are available/interested in do some of that to then proceed with the preparations (i.e. inviting immortal and if unsuccessful invite everyone else to Team UnFreeZe).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, double trouble and community have completed the UnFreeZe Super League 2023 with a more than decent fight in the match that for other than the score had really nothing at play (though it had to be played and honored all the same) with a 0:2 win for community without surprises. ggs and well played both, thank you for participate and see you in the next event. as usual final scores and results along with videos tomorrow to follow just warming up for the last two remaining decisive fights that will decide none other than the top positions of the second leg.